The Tree Project
Integrated Urban Environmental Improvement Through Tree Selection and Maintenance
We improve Colorado cities using tree science. Through multi-disciplinary partnerships and urban forestry programs we:
- Improve the environment, community health and the economy
- Educate children and adults to become environmental stewards
- Engage community members to rehabilitate, improve, and maintain urban natural resources
WHAT WE DO
The Tree Project helps communities, businesses, and individuals achieve multiple environmental improvement goals using one tool – city trees.
- Community tree-planting programs for environmental, human health, social, and economic improvement.
- Climate change mitigation through urban forest carbon credits.
- Workshops on benefits of strategic forestry in urban environments.
- Tree Science: research, independent scientific inquiry and analysis, education, and outreach for greater understanding of urban forestry impacts
Benefits of City Trees
- Improved air quality
- Energy conservation
- Water conservation
- Stormwater management
- Climate change mitigation
- Improved community health
- Reduced noise pollution
- Invigorated local economy
- Wind buffer
- Reduced crime
- Wildlife habitat
- Air temperature moderation
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MANY BENEFITS OF TREES!