The Tree Project
Integrated Urban Environmental Improvement Through Tree Selection and Maintenance
We improve Colorado cities using tree science. Through multi-disciplinary partnerships and urban forestry programs we:
- Improve the environment, community health and the economy
- Educate children and adults to become environmental stewards
- Engage community members to rehabilitate, improve, and maintain urban natural resources
WHAT WE DO
The Tree Project helps communities, businesses, and individuals achieve multiple environmental improvement goals using one tool – city trees.
- Community tree-planting programs for environmental, human health, social, and economic improvement.
- Climate change mitigation through urban forest carbon credits.
- Workshops on benefits of strategic forestry in urban environments.
- Tree Science: research, independent scientific inquiry and analysis, education, and outreach for greater understanding of urban forestry impacts
IES Tree Project Plan 2017
View our current projects
The current Tree Project team
BENEFITS OF CITY TREES
- Improved air quality
- Energy conservation
- Water conservation
- Stormwater management
- Climate change mitigation
- Improved community health
- Reduced noise pollution
- Invigorated local economy
- Wind buffer
- Reduced crime
- Wildlife habitat
- Air temperature moderation